The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on-site at the customer premises in Luxembourg
Hereunder a detailed list describing some of the activities/deliverables:
- Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database and Oracle Engineered Systems (ODA, Exadata, SuperCluster, etc.);
- Consulting on Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA);
- Ability to drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on Oracle Database to deliver highly available and secured database environments;
- Install, patch and maintain all Oracle Database and Enterprise Management software;
- Design and implement a backup & recovery system using RMAN, Data Pump, etc.
- Implement Oracle failover technology with RAC, Data Guard, etc.
- Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of a project development life cycle: include requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and development, testing and implementation, post-production support and evolution;
- Help customer on benchmark to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database, the underlying OS (Linux, Solaris) and storage;
- Develop accurate and concise written documentation;
- Deliver trainings on Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Luxembourg - Consulting Services
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Senior positions, or a minimum of 3 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Junior positions;
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle 9i to 11g with production support experience in a multi-project, multi-site environment;
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning;
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Solaris in a multi-domain environment including advanced commands and shell scripting;
- Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities;
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools;
- Oracle Data Guard, RAC, ASM, RMAN, etc.;
- Knowledge of storage management & networking;
- Knowledge of system and software high availability;
- Knowledge of Oracle Advanced Security Options and Dabatase Firewall is a plus;
- Knowledge of Golden Gate would be a plus;
- Strong interest in designing complex, mission-critical and highly secure database solutions.
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization;
- High aptitude for learning and a high degree of self-motivation;
- Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges;
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities;
- Fluent in English. German, French or any other European language is a plus.
- The opportunity to be part of a strong, ambitious and technology-driven company on its path to further innovation;
- Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and well established international success
- A technically challenging environment, where collaborative working and continuous self-improvement is the key to success
- Continuous training in your specializations
- A good professional/personal life balance
- A salary within market range, coupled with benefits and insurances
- A whole lot more for you to discover during an interview.