As a Senior Database Developer, you will be responsible to:.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on site at the customer premises in Luxembourg. Hereunder a detailed list describing some of the activities/deliverable of an DBA Consultant:
• Assist in all aspects of a solution development.
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain PL/SQL development: packages and stored procedures for data warehousing
• Assist in the design effort and provide work estimates.
• Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies as well as best practices
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with customers and other stakeholders
• Follow the standards to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the business and the system.
• Issue resolution for production systems
• Coordinate code migrations to move code through each environment (Development, Test and Production) with the code deployment teams
• Enjoy varied responsibilities and IT projects in a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment.
• 6-10 years of experience using Core Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Stored Procedure, triggers, function and packages.
• Experience with Oracle 11g/12c and SQL*LOADER to design, develop, and implement Oracle databases for different applications.
• Proficiency in writing unit tests
• Experience with version control practices and procedures
• Knowledge on Linux/Unix/Solaris operating system, including shell scripts, cron jobs and directory navigation
• Good problem/issue resolution skills
• Proficient in code tuning and optimization
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast moving environment
• Work with multi-cultural team across worldwide location
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, to include solid experience in writing technical specifications
• Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment;
• Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills;
• High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail;
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances;
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization;
• High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation;
• Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges;
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities;
• Fluent in English. German, French or any other European language is a plus.
Terms of employment
Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record;
A strong learning and development program;
A challenging environment, where collaborative working and continuous self-improvement is the key to success;
A good work-life balance;
A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurances, pension insurance plan, etc.) and a long term contract (CDI).
* Only candidates with valid work permit in Luxembourg will be selected *