The European Investment Bank, based in Luxembourg, is the lending arm of the European Union. EIB is the biggest multilateral financial institution in the world and one of the largest providers of climate finance. They help the economy, create jobs, promote equality and improve lives for EU citizens and for people in developing countries.
The European Investment Bank focuses on four areas:
• Innovation and skills
• Small businesses
• Climate and environment
Their Information Management Services actively contribute to such operations by taking care of Documents and Records Management, Information Management, and Support to Electronic Documents and Records Management Systems
As business owner of the EDRM – GED system the DMO team is strongly involved in its maintenance and evolution and more strongly involved in document automations in close collaboration with several stakeholders including IT.
Their responsibilities are to address the capture, collection, administration, and preservation of documents and records in secure electronic format throughout their life cycle. The management of electronic repositories also consists in promoting compliance with the Bank’s requirements regarding the integrity, reliability and confidentiality of its electronic documents and records.
You will actively, participate, contribute or lead in several of the following processes, activities and initiatives:
• Management of Taxonomy, document nomenclature, metadata set, access rights / permissions and location of records in the activity-based file plan of EDRM – GED System;
• Management of IT projects entailing document management automations to ensure automated e-archiving of EIB records. This includes analysis and functional requirement specifications writing;
• Management of Users and Groups in EDRM – GED System;
• Delivery of presentations on policy concepts in own domain (Information management, file plan, metadata, confidentiality, permission model etc…)
• Delivery of hands-on trainings of the usage of EDRM – GED System combined with e-archiving and document management best practices;
• Promotion and communication to broad range of public (network to end-user, team leader) using broad range of channels (Intranet articles, Newsletter, FAQs, videos, internal Governance documentation, requirement specifications…);
• Provision of Document Management Support and Advice at large;
• Assistance in the coordination and the implementation of Information Classification Policy in close cooperation with the business and peer stakeholders.
- University Degree in Information, Archives or Document Management (BAC
- Archiving, information or document management experience in a corporate information service;
- Usage of document management systems for records identification, registration, filing, storage, retention, preservation and conservation;
- Usage of e-archiving, records management and document management standards practices (ISO 15489 or equivalent, MOREQ) and related procedures;
- Usage of Dublin Core or any metadata system;
- Knowledge of ISO 23081 Metadata for records;
- Experience in writing (ex: procedures, working instructions, newsletters, news articles end-user awareness documentation in own domain etc…);
- Experience ISO 30303 Management systems for records would be an advantage;
Linguistic and other IT skills
- Fluent in English or French
- Have a sufficient command of the other one to be able to work in both languages interchangeably (knowledge of any other EU language is welcome)
- Usage of the following standard software tools: Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Experience with video or e-learning (ex: Cantasia etc…) is an advantage;
- Basis of an EDRM system (ex: ideally Content Server or any other e.g. Documentum…; basics of SharePoint would also be of advantage);
- Capacity and willingness to work in team environment
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, integrity and commitment
- Service and Customer Orientation
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work reliably and accurately
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Results orientated
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural
- Fluent in French or English and a sufficient command of the other to be
able to work in both languages interchangeably. Knowledge of other EU languages