As Storage System Engineer you will be responsible for professional and technical work related to building, implementing, maintaining and hosting infrastructures and services in technical environments. This in order to guarantee the continuity and efficiency of the IT infrastructure which meets the needs of the customers. The primary focus will be on supporting customer environments based on Storage, Microsoft and Linux (Suse, Red Hat) solutions.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be to :
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and profile :
- Degree in IT (Bachelor) and minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Be able to work independently on a project
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (knowledge of French is a plus)
- Understanding of IT service operations, datacentre and Cloud business
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Strong interest in innovative technologies
- Excellent customer facing and service skills
Technical Skills :
- Storage solutions of different vendors (NetApp, Pure, EMC, …), but preferably IBM.
- Good understanding of SAN topologies SAN switching (Brocade, Cisco MDS, …) : from setup from scratch to troubleshooting and writing RCA
- Virtualization: VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, Horizon, KVM, …
- Good understanding of OS (Linux and/or Windows)
- Network and security
- Backup software (IBM TSM, CommVault, Veeam, …)
- Knowledge in Dev/ops is a plus
- The opportunity to be part of a strong, ambitious and technology driven company on its path to further innovation
- A real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and well established international success
- A stimulating working environment as part of young and dynamic teams
- A technically challenging environment, where collaborative working and continuous self-improvement is the key to success
- The opportunity to work in an international, respectful environment with a local and familiar atmosphere
- A good professional / personal life balance
- A salary within market range, coupled with benefits and insurances, and an open ended contract